Signs that your Spouse is Cheating
When conducting surveillance or research, there are common signs that a person is having an emotional affair:
- A secret relationship: One of the biggest factors that separates a normal friendship from an emotional affair is whether they keep the relationship a secret from their spouse. Those pursuing emotional infidelity will often keep the time they spend with a certain person a secret.
- Long conversations alone: Someone having an emotional affair will value time spent with this person alone above almost everything else, which often results in…
- Ditching regular activities to be with their subject of interest: This could look like leaving work early or not showing up at all. It also means spending significantly less time at home with their spouse.
- Giving or receiving gifts: Since they are invested in this outside relationship, they will want to invest their time and money into it. They will also feel validated if the other person gives them a gift and will desire to impress them with gifts as well.
- Constant communication: A person participating in emotional infidelity will constantly want to talk to the new person garnering their attention. This could look like regular texts and emails back and forth. These conversations will also likely include intimate things usually shared with a spouse, like concerns or victories in their life. They could also include complaints about the spouse.
- The person is an old friend: Often, emotional infidelity relationships form when old feelings are rekindled. It’s common for emotional affairs to happen between ex-partners or long-lost friends.
What does an infidelity investigation entail?
Investigations will vary based on your needs and the private investigator conducting the investigation. However, many times an investigation to catch a cheating spouse will include:
- Discussion with the client – Before an investigator begins their pursuit of the truth, they gather as much information as possible about the spouse in question, including regular activities and hobbies. Though it may be painful, the more information you share the more successful the investigation will be. For investigators, confidentiality and respect are standard.
- Surveillance – A private investigator watches your spouse using advanced surveillance methods to ensure that you obtain the evidence you need. Some of these methods include tracking your spouse’s vehicle, searching their assets, and monitoring their internet activity.
- Presentation of Evidence – Evidence gathered by a professional private investigator can not only give you peace of mind via indisputable proof but will also stand up in court for potential divorce settlements.
Why hire a private investigator?
There are a variety of reasons why investigating infidelity on your own might not be the best option. For one, it can be both emotionally and physically draining. A well-trained private investigator will find more information in less time and will remain emotionally detached. The validity of evidence is also more concrete when gathered by an investigator. While an upset spouse may capture pictures or video of their cheating spouse, this evidence may not be considered valid by a court of law. A private investigator is unbiased and knowledgeable about family law so their proof will stand up in court.
Contact a specialist at 866.PRI.EYES (774.3937) | Call Today!